Sunday, 13 March 2011
Soft and Chewy White Choc Chip Cookies
My husband was pleased I had taken up baking again and requested the soft and chewy cookies you get at places like Millie's Cookie's and after searching through many recipes I decided against one that used syrups, if not just to save the extra cleaning up from spillages! These cookies were a big hit, once cooled they had a lovely light brown glow and had a soft chewy centre.
220g Plain Flour
1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
125g caster sugar
100g light brown soft sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
150g chocolate buttons
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Cream butter and sugars then mix in the egg and vanilla.
3. Sift in the flour and salt, then stir in the chocolate buttons.
4. Roll into palm sized balls and gently flatten onto the sheet of baking paper.
5. Bake for 10 minutes until the edges start to brown.
6. Leave for a few minutes to cool before transfering to a wire cooling rack.
Posted by Mandy - FawnandPetitRose at 12:17