Background

Sunday 13 March 2011

My take on The Hummingbird Bakery vanilla cupcakes

Photobucket

I decided to try a simple cupcake to ease me back into baking, it has been almost 10 years since my last batch of oat bake cookies was hoovered up by hungry relatives. I chose The Hummingbird Bakery vanilla cupcakes and I was very pleased with the results. I did use muffin cases rather than cupcake cases which made 8 cupcakes and the frosting was a little too sweet and didn't make quite enough to follow the design they used. They were absolutely delicious, so light and fluffy that eating them didn't feel sinful and the rest of the family adored them too! I would highly recommend them topped with a buttercream icing and your choice of sprinkles.

Taken from The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days by Tarek Malouf

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your first blog post.

    I love those cakes - the icing is so nice - it looks quite frosty and christmassy, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete